November 05, 2006

Red leaf rising


Got a chance to add the third colour to Leaves Overhead today. I really debated over which colour to go with before I chose the red and I think it'll work although, in retrospect, a golden orange would probably have been nice too.
Another problem I had was that, with the minimal amount of relief on the block, the cleared areas kept picking up ink from the edges of the brayer. I'm guessing I'll need to get a wider brayer eventually. For now, I made a clear plastic mask and laid it on top of the block once it was inked. It worked really well and, with the mask between the block and paper, I managed to keep the registration nice and clean.

Now there's only the branches to be done, probably two weeks from now, depending on how well this last layer takes to dry.

No comments: