March 18, 2007

Carrizo Plain: Greendale


And that's it.
Actually, after I printed the green layer I thought: one more. I figured I'd put in some very small areas of pale green just to kick up the dark a bit. But, it didn't work the way I envisioned and instead looked like the green slime monster had visited the place and spat up in random places. Now, with almost nothing left of the block, I'll have to call it done and move on.

I did try to recycle the sage green I'd mixed for the highlights, and use it for the background of my next print, Pine, but it was too dark. Frustrating day really. In the end I packed everything up and went to make soup which (am I surprised?) didn't turn out spectacular either.

Nevermind. If all goes well, I'll have the next couple of weeks off and I'll have time to do some more work then. I've already warned R, who's taking the week after next off with me, that I'm not going to be talked into any of the wild goose chases that usually dominate our vacation times, and I'm going to devote the week to my artwork. I guess I'll see how strong my resolve is when the time comes, and the sun comes out, and he says: let's go to Granville Island and look for art supplies. No, wait, it'll be me saying that...

4 comments:

azulparsnip said...

I like seeing the stages -

azulparsnip said...

this was quite an adventureous piece - how many layers did you print?

Katka said...

Thank you for looking A. There are 8 layers all together.

Amie Roman said...

Great final outcome - very lovely rendering of the image, I think you captured the feeling beautifully.