September 28, 2008

The Serpent and the Dragon

Indian summer and a gorgeous day; warm and sunny and excellent music on the radio to keep me company.
I got the next layers printed on both the blocks I'm working on. First, this is the second layer printed in Eve and the Serpent. It's hard to tell where it's going at this point. But that's actually the fun part of this whole process for me: watching the image unfold slowly into definition.


The Dragon Maple print on the other hand, is already more suggestive of the final image.
I made up a foam board mask and it worked great. Up to now I've used mylar to make my masks from and the foam is definitely superior.




When I'm done the finished print should look something like this. This is the first sketch and I've made a couple of minor changes to the block itself and added in another leaf, but it's pretty much true to what I'm hoping to finish with. In colour of course.


No comments: