February 22, 2009

I should be studying for an exam...

I have to write an exam on Tuesday morning. I made copious notes and told myself I'd study them today. I printed instead.
Now I'm telling myself I'll study tonight but here I am, playing on the computer. Most likely I'll be cramming tomorrow night after dinner, reliving my school years.

I actually took a little trip down the memory street to school last night already: R and I watched the 1952 version of The Importance of Being Earnest. Still, after all these years, a great film; we totally got into it. In my university days it was one of my favourite plays. I did several projects on it for a couple of my theater classes, including a full set of costume plates -- I think I still have them saved somewhere.
Seeing the movie again took me right back to Arizona and the NAU theater department like it was yesterday. If I close my eyes, I can smell the make-up...

Back to reality. I added in the next colours of both of the prints I'm working on today. Here's print one, only two colours left now:



And here's Dreams, also a couple of colours left:



2 comments:

Michelle Turbide, Vermont Printmaker said...

These are shaping up beautifully. I really like the composition in "Dreams", but I tend to like the female figure, so it is no great suprise that I gravitate towards that one. Nice work.

Katka said...

Thank you, Michelle.