March 08, 2009

Catching up to Springing Forward

Here we are, back to losing an hour. Wake up at eight, now already nine, and the rest of the day spent chasing the minutes. I guess it didn't help that we were up until 1 a.m. last night (or 2 a.m. really) even though we'd made a pact to try to get to bed sooner than we normally do on Saturday nights. It's hard to break lifelong habits; the night has an energy we both love.

I did manage to add another colour to both prints today but I felt a bit rushed and whenever I checked the clock I was surprised how late in the day it was.

I have one last colour to go on the water nymph print. Originally I thought this would be the last one but now I want to add a final shadow.


For Dreams, I've got one or two left. I think I need to reprint the hills behind the sleeping girl's head to set off the contrast of her hair more. The pale ink dried darker than it went on and the top of her head gets lost. I'm still working out how, exactly, I'll do that since I already carved the hills away weeks ago.


No comments: