May 03, 2009

Finishing the Leonard Cohen print and Soil Under the Fingernails

Cohen Kōan finished. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

image size 9 x 11 inches

What I'm not so pleased with is that I'm not sure what I'll be doing next. I've spent the last week trying to fix up my website (almost there) and all of the weekend on chores and on putting in the vegetable garden. With spring weather finally here and the seedlings I started about three weeks ago



ready and eager to get out into the world,



R and I have been busy turning over soil, pulling weeds, building space for all the veggies I'm attempting this year. My pole bean toddlers went into the garden yesterday, along with peas and beet seeds.
Determined to really dive into the whole eat local thing I've got great ambitions but not a hell of knowledge so we'll see how that marries up. So far, the beans are looking ok.



But all of that hasn't left too much room
for creative visions and my mind is a blank page. We'll have to see what the coming week brings. For now, it's back to the webpage tweakings.

5 comments:

Amie Roman said...

Very effective final print, K. I really like it.

Nicola said...

Wow, your Leonard Cohen piece is fantastic!

Katka said...

Thank you, both, for the kind words.

Eraethil said...

You should be very pleased with your Cohen! It is very effective - awesome work!

Annie B said...

Beautiful portrait! I definitely don't come and visit your blog often enough. Trying to remedy that...