October 18, 2009

Rainy days

One misty moisty morning,
When cloudy was the weather,
I chanced to meet an old man,
Clothed all in leather.
He began to compliment
And I began to grin.
How do you do? And how do you do?
And how do you do again?

It's been years since N and I would sit, cuddled on the couch, and read Mother Goose rhymes together. But, even after 18 years, on days when the clouds roll in and the mists fall, that rhyme still jumps into my head. And I love the misty moisty days of early autumn in BC. It's not really cold yet, summer just barely fading away and the real serious rains haven't begun so no one is sick of them yet, and it's great to stay indoors and print, or read, or listen to music.

Yesterday, warm and dry while the rain played songs on the window panes, I made a new bed spread; today I got caught up on some mending that's been hanging over my head for months. I also added in the fourth colour to my print:





So far so good. Moving along well.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Nice!

Eraethil said...

Yes, coming along very nicely! Looking forward to the next steps.