October 31, 2010

Sand Dollar Print Finished

Tonight I feel as if I'm writing this post in a war zone.  The air outside is thick with smoke and the sound of all the fireworks, one minor explosion on the heels of another for the last couple of hours, has sent the dog cowering into the darkest corner below my work desk.  Halloween.  The little kids have all come and gone and now the rowdies are out. Lots of them tonight even though it's raining.  A good night to be indoors.  

I've now finished the last two colours of my Sand Dollar print and have, mentally anyway, moved onto the next project already.  I've read about other artists suffering from creative block but, so far anyway, this isn't something I've yet gone through.  For me, it's the opposite.  The amount of time I have for printmaking is well outweighed by the volume of ideas for all the prints I want to make.  Generally, by the time I'm nearing the end of one print, my mind is already racing with ideas for the next one.  I guess that's a good thing except that sometime it seems as if I'll never have enough time to do everything I still want to do.  

Anyway, here is the second to last stage:



And here's the print with the last colour added in:
 
Sand Dollar - 8" x 9.5"
I had to restrain myself from not adding in a stronger darker colour still, that's usually the norm for me, but I really wanted to keep the tones muted this time.  So far, I'm not regretting the decision to stop here. 

 

2 comments:

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Too many ideas and not enough time... I know that feeling well!

Brilliant print and I think you were right to not print a darker colour.

Katka said...

Thank you so much Stuart.