December 12, 2010

It's Beginning to Feel a Little Like Christmas

So here we are, less than two weeks before Christmas, and I'm trying to summon up some kind of positive "Christmassy" emotion.  Each year it seems to get harder. Today I played carols and Nora and I baked Christmas cookies and that helped. 

Before that, Roland and I went out into the pouring rain and bought our tree for this year: a little potted fir, barely four feet tall and on the sparse side, but it's alive and that feels right somehow.  Plus it's better for the environment. 

I also finished up some cards so I guess I need to get it together and send them out, before it's too late. 



They're very simple, I carved the image out of a piece of Staedtler mastercarve a couple of weeks ago after I talked myself into making them.  I wasn't going to bother with it this year, I didn't feel inspired to it really.  But I also knew that, after years of sending out hand-made cards, I'd never feel right about going back to store bought ones.  Oh the motivating power of guilt... 


1 comment:

Libby Fife said...

I know what you mean about the cards though I have sent out the store bought variety. We finally got a tree too, the first in about seven years!

Hope all is well:)