January 24, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays and Happy Printing

There's something really wonderful about getting a day off on what's normally a work day.  Today was the first Monday of my new every-third-Monday-off schedule and boy did I revel in it!  Roland at work, Nora in classes, and just me and the dog hanging out at home, watching the rain hammer the sidewalks outside and glad not to have to be out there. 

Not to waste a fine opportunity, I got two colours down on the spider print this weekend.  One yesterday and one today.  First, yellow...


...and then this one.  Sort of a dusty rose? 


I used a mask for the second colour but it would have been too complicated to use one for the first, so I'm hoping there are no registration issues when I add the next and final colour.  I want those spiderweb lines nice and thin please. 

Now I just have to very diligent, ignore the call of the latest of the Jane Austen novels I'm strolling my way through (three down and three left to go), and spend at least some time each night working on the block so it's print-ready for Sunday.  



No comments: