October 03, 2011

Next Colours in the La Grande Print

I've been down in the dumps the last couple of weeks again.  Issues with my parents and my care of them weighed down and overwhelmed me and, as a result, I've been dispirited and uninspired to do much beyond escaping into my book and losing myself in alternate realities.  

By the time some of the gloom lifted and I returned to my La Grande block and print, I took my time in carving the checkerboard pattern I added.  With all the little squares it was a minor optical illusion and I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.  



And yet, even with drawing the pattern right on the block and shading in the parts that were supposed to be cut out, I still managed to skip one little square somehow.  Of course this threw the whole thing off; I had to cheat the pattern back into submission and hope it wouldn't show too much when printed.

In the end I think it turned out ok though.  The flub is there but not glaring and it's all good.  These are the next two colours in:


And the second to last one:



Now it's one colour left to go and so far no real decision on what my next print will be.  But I'm fairly sure, when the time comes, so will the idea. 




4 comments:

Libby Fife said...

It sure is difficult to do much of anything when you don't feel well isn't it?

I really can't beleive that you carved out all of those squares! Holey Moley! The print is looking good. I am with you in the idea that when the solution is needed, it will come:)

Libby Fife said...

Believe! My spelling. Gads!

Jennifer said...

Wow!!! Looks amazing!

Sorry about your recent troubles... it's hard to do much of anything when you're feeling down. :(

Jen

Katka said...

Libby and Jen, thank you both for your comments.

Sometimes, getting lost in the carving is kind of a "zen" thing. As long as it's going well. It's when stuff starts to go sideways that it becomes a chore.