There was also some not so good news concerning my dad so, while we wait for test results, I'm trying keep the door shut against worst case scenarios...one day at a time as Roland says...and am trying to put my mind elsewhere. I've recently finished reading Rewire Your Brain and, while parts of it were a bit too too medical-technical for me, there were some things I took away with me and am trying to put into practice. One of these is that work, or activity, is one of the best ways to chase away the blues (I'm paraphrasing here) and that sounds pretty logical to me.
So I tried to stay busy and managed to get in two printing sessions over the last week and added the next three colours to the current nursery rhyme print. First, there was this green:
I spent some time shaping a nice mask for the area with the beetles only to find I didn't even need it and just had to be careful with my inking.
And then I added a lighter green and the next colour for the beetle body, both at the same time:
Now, one colour left to go, it looks like this:
As always, being I'm so close to the end, I guess I'd better start making some decisions on what my next print will be...