June 24, 2012

Going Dotty

I suppose it's not everyone's idea of Saturday night fun but I was pretty happy to get an hour to sit and work on my block last night.  Does this mean I'm getting old?  Oh, maybe.  Do I care?  Nope, I don't.



The one bit of tedium was carving around all those little dots...berries...in the background.


It's much too easy to slip and carve away more than I want to when it comes to stuff like that but I managed to keep most of them fairly intact.  And I didn't slice away more than I wanted to of guy's eyebrows or nose either so that's a big relief. 




Happily, printing is going smoothly so far. Last week I printed the pale yellow background but I didn't think a yellow rectangle was all that exciting to look at so I didn't bother posting it here.  Today I printed colour number two. 




It's looking pretty good to me so far but I know it's early.  That's part of the challenge of reduction prints isn't it?  Knowing that things can go sideways up until the very last minute, when there's almost nothing left of the block?  





2 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Reduction printing does seem a little nerve wracking. I change my mind way too much!

He is looking great so far. Keep going:)

Katka said...

Thanks Libby.

Yes. Stressful at times. And brain challenging although I don't always manage to figure things out like I want to.