October 28, 2012

Blossom Print Finished

Well I added the last two colours to my latest print a couple of weeks ago and hung the print on the drying line and that's where it stayed.  Last weekend I was going to scan the latest image and write a post but somehow the weekend got away from me and I didn't get to it.  Now here it is, another weekend almost done and, yet again, I haven't done anything about bringing things up to date. 

This weekend I've got a lousy cold and my head feels like it's wrapped in fibreglass so I'm not at my best.  But I really wanted to mark the print's completion so I've dragged myself over to the computer.  Here then are the last two stages of the print:



Blossom - Reduction Linocut
9.5" x 7.5"

To be honest, I'm a bit on the fence with this one.  There are a lot of things I like about it but I think maybe the leaves are too dark and they're now over powering the blossom itself.  This is one of those works I'll have to set aside and look at for a while to see how I really feel about it.  For now, I'll go back to lying down.

4 comments:

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

I have prints like that. I finish them and aren't happy with how they look. I put them in a drawer and forget about them for a couple of months and then have another look. Some of them I still think look bad and they never see the light of day. Usually though when you look at them with fresh eyes they don't seem so bad. And don't forget, just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad print. Someone else might come along and think its the best thing they have seen.

Libby Fife said...

Nothing ever looks right to me when I don't feel well. There is plenty to love about this print but I respect that maybe you aren't totally satisfied. Maybe do as Stuart above suggested and put it away for awhile for a fresh look later on?

I hope you feel better soon:)

Karen C said...

Hope you're feeling better Kate. There's some sickness going around my office, too, and it's gotten a lot of people.

I love the print! I think it's great! I am a huge fan of all your botanical plant prints. Once I get my new floors paid off, I'll buy one. Might not be until after Christmas though, although that's soon enough.

Karen

Katka said...

Thank you to all of you for your positive feedback.

Too true, sometimes a pause has a positive result and feeling sick can affect the way we see things for sure.

Karen,

I'm blushing....